Sunday, November 14, 2010

Thing 23

Classroom 2.0 has so many resources available for it's members. I could easily spend hours just under one topic. I used the videos and searched for videos on antibullying. Bullying is a big deal these days and I was lookig for anything that I could possibly use to help my students. I like all of the comments that can also be posted to go with the videos. I read the comments before I watched the videos. Most comments were positive and gave some great ideas as to how they might use the video in their classroom. I'm glad I watched the videos and did not just go by what was posted. I found  a few that I can use with my students next week for our teaming up against bullies week. I have writen this post twice now because I had a computer issue and it did not save so I'm having to go back and reread to see if I have really already typed this or if it was on my lost post. I definitely see the benefit in joining 2.0 for collaboration with educators who are using technology in their classrooms.

Twitter is also a great site for collaboration but just like I posted in my last blog I cannot join something else that I want to check continuously. Unless, I just make it for work and do not allow friends or family onto this site. Educators would hopefully limit the amount of sharing on my twit. I think you could do a school twitter and keep up wth meetings and things happening in your school and the lives of the people you work with if you are a close campus and interested in the lives of the people you work with on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment