Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thing 16

So may resources avaiable to us this world of technology just offers every resouce imaginable. I'm feeling like I'm coming out of the dark ages and actually have a clue about some of the things that people who were right out of college are talking about and doing. Exploring Library Thing was a very well organized and easily accessible site. The suggesters and search categories make it simple to use and easy to get lost in time exploring.

I could definitely use the catalog system to organize my classroom books. I have atleast 10,000 books and I continue to buy more so it would be nice if I had them each logged somewhere so I would know for sure if I owned a specific book. However, this could take years of summer breaks to accomplish this task. I have the books categorized at school by different times of the year when I need them but occassionally I get new books that are good anytime and I would love to find an electronic system and classroom real world system that could together help me keep up with all my books.

I love to read so I can also see myself using this site to see what new books are out that I might be interested in reading outside of my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment