Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thing 18

YouTube is not a new resource for me. I've been sent numerous emails with videos or logged onto facebook to see videos that others have posted to their page. I have seen many how to videos related to technology, teaching, and home improvement. I will try almost any type of repair as long as I do not have to pay someone to come out and fix something of mine and there are many helpful videos that I have used.
I am new to TeacherTube, I am very excited to learn about this resource. I just spent a few hours researching and watching videos on teachertube. Educators truly amaze me at the things they will post to help others. It is greatness, I appreciate their bravery and abilities. One of the videos that I found very interesting for my age group was MORE Kindergarten Power Teaching with NEW PHONICS RAP!. This teacher has her kids using gestures to learn and this is a great tool. I love how they have memorized and practiced the rules. They all interact very well with her and each other. I am interested in her methods of power teaching and ready to do some more research to find out other strategies that are used in this type of classroom environment.
I can most definitely see myself using teachertube with my students. The resources are amazing and video clips are a great attention getter for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment