Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thing 11

Picture by Pepe50 was found by searching Flickr Creative Commons for dogs. I love flickr!!!! I am so excited to search on this site and even download my own photos. I use pictures a lot in kindergarten. We use pictures to write stories and to develop vocabulary. Well the list goes on and on. This picture above would be awesome for writing is he tired or sad or possibly both?

Flickr is very easy to use and easy to spend hours searching to find just the right photo. I like how the photos have tags so you can find a photo to match ezactly what you are searching for very quickly. Therefore, I can find get pictures that can teach sequencing, different sizes and they are real pictures. kids love to learn using real pictures. I could find a bunch of pet photos and we could create a class book about pets that we would like to have at our home. Seriously the ideas are neverending. I knew about photobucket because i have had emails form friends to go check out their pictures on photobucket but I did not realize that there were sights were you could just search through peoples photographs. I will most definitely be using Flickr with the little people either by printing off some pictures or even going on site with the kids and showing them how I found the pictures.

Here is my example for the stretch activity. I only spent a few hours playing around with the shape collages and will use this one in our school scrapbook. It is all the pictures I took of our health fair.  I love the mosiac maker and I can use this in my kiddos scrapbooks as well and the kids can make collages with pictures of any topic that they present to the class.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love the picture collage. I always have SO many pictures of the kids in the library, this is a great way to use them all.

    ReplyDelete