Friday, October 22, 2010

Thing 10

Creative Commons is very important for our profession. We create things daily that we share because we are educators and our job requires us to teach all and this happens through sharing. I have not created anything and placed a copyright on it because anyone should be able to benefit from educational ideas. I do find it interesting how easy it is to use many things posted in the world technology.

I have noticed CC on some of the videos I've seen and thought I understand how they would like for others to notice how it can be shared. Yes, I use video clips a lot with the little people because they can pay attention to clips easier than listening to me. I also use promethian lessons and powerpoints that were created by others for educators to use freely with students.

I feel as if all educators have rights to teaching materials that have been made public. Ideas are out once they have been shared with one student or one person. Then everyone has the right to use those ideas to help others learn.

To go right along with the above comments that makes me excited to see websites like the OER Commons. I like how educators can access websites like these and share ideas and help our kids be successful. I can not wait to play around some more with this site and find some new ideas for certain concepts that we teach in Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment